Welcome! The Parent Association (PA) has been active at Craiglockhart for many years. The PA organises fun activities, clubs and fundraising events for children and families, as well as managing school uniform sales and recycling initiatives.
We have a thriving Parent Association at Craiglockhart Primary with a dedicated group of volunteer parents who help run events and activities, raising heaps of money for pupils and the school. Over the last 5 years we have raised over £90,000, an unbelievable amount, which has been used to fund a large number of improvements and provide much needed resources to help our school. Our success very much relies on the goodwill and enthusiasm of our parents to organise and run our events plus manage day to day running of the many clubs available to pupils. As well as feeling part of the school community you have the opportunity to make a real difference to your child’s learning and social experience at school. We are a very friendly bunch and taking part in PA activities and events is extremely rewarding and great fun!
All parents are welcome to join the PA – whether you just are willing to support any events or attend the monthly PA meetings, or indeed take up one of the Committee positions, any support is welcome. In fact we are looking for some fresh faces and new people to help fill some of the vacant positions in the Committee. Our current Committee comprises
- Chair: Jenny Mackenzie
- Secretary: Marianne van de l’Isle
- Treasurer: Madhan Murugesan
- Banker: Jo Hughes
- Communications: Debbie Harrison
- Website Communications: Hugh Gilmour
- Vacant Positions
New This Year
We have recruited parent representatives (PRs) from each year group. The goal is for our PRs to raise awareness of the PA and ultimately get more parent helpers for events over the coming year. We are still looking to recruit Reps for P1 and P7.
If you would like to know more then please contact us at email@example.com or speak to one of the Committee members above.
- Film Friday- Fri Sep 29 2017 & Fri 2 Mar 2018 (agreed but will only go ahead dependant on securing new lead)
- Halloween Disco & Party- Fri Oct 27 & Sat Oct 28 2017
- Christmas Shopping- Thur 30 Nov 2017 (tentative- dependant on securing new lead)
- Burns Ceilidh- Fri 26 Jan 2018
- Summer Fair- Sat 2 Jun 2018
- Minutes from Meetings and Key Dates held here
- Our PA Newsletters can be viewed here
- Our latest financial position is detailed here
- Click here to find out more detail of our fundraising activities
Summer Fair – Saturday 27th May 2017
Film Friday – Friday 24th March 2017.
Craiglockhart PA Funding Survey – Spring 2017 (Survey closed on Friday 24th February)
Ceilidh – Friday 27th January 2017
Christmas Shopping Evening – 10th November 2016
Halloween Parties – Friday 28th and Saturday 29th October 2016
Film Friday – Friday 7th October 2016
Sport Relief Fun Run – Sunday 20th March 2016
Film Friday – 18th March 2016
Ceilidh – Friday 29th January 2016
Christmas Shopping Evening – 26th November 2015
Film Friday – 25th September 2015
Family Ceilidh – January 2015
Christmas Shopping Evening – November 2014